WSA Registration & Policies
Private lessons are offered for children (grades 1 - 12) and adults. We gladly welcome all levels of experience, from beginners to those who wish to continue to improve their skills and techniques.
- For Piano Instruction: Grades 1 - 12 and Adults
- For Organ Instruction: At least age 16, with three years of keyboard experience and/or acceptance through an evaluation lesson
To begin the enrollment process, students must:
- Complete a registration form and enrollment agreement. If you would like to register online, please click here.
- Submit the $25.00 registration fee (a one-time fee for the year) on or before the registration deadline. When a student is enrolled, he or she is committing to an entire semester of study.
After you complete the registration, Susan Simpson, our WSA Director, will then assign a teacher, who will schedule a private lesson time that works best for you. If we are unable to schedule a mutually agreeable lesson time, your payment will be refunded.
- WSA tuition covers all lessons, administrative expenses, salaries and recital expenses.
- Lesson books are not covered by tuition.
- Tuition is based on the number of lessons taught per month per semester.
- Tuition is due by the 10th of each month. The fee is $22 per private, 30-minute lesson taught; 45- and 60-minute advanced lessons are also available. Please contact the director for details.
- If you pay for the entire semester up front ($396 for the Spring Semester), the $25 registration fee will be waived.
- You may make your payments by:
- Bringing them directly to the church offices during normal business hours (Mon. - Fri., 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), or
- Mailing them to: Woodhaven School of the Arts, 4000 Kildaire Farm Rd., Apex, NC 27539; Attn: Barbara Mosher, Financial Secretary.
- A student should have access to practice on an instrument that facilitates progress.
- The director and teachers will be happy to recommend dealers for new, used, or rental instruments.
- Lessons are offered on a semester basis, from Sept. - Dec. and Jan. - May.
- Because each teacher maintains an individual calendar, lessons are scheduled at varying times.
- Normally, private lessons are offered both throughout the day and during the evening on weekdays.
- All lessons are held at Woodhaven Baptist Church at 4000 Kildaire Farm Rd. in Apex, N.C.
- We consider your private lesson as a standing appointment. If the teacher has to miss a lesson, it will be rescheduled.
- If the student cannot attend a lesson, he or she must contact the teacher in advance with 24 hours' notice or the lesson and fee will be forfeited. We will strive to accommodate and reschedule lessons in emergency situations. We appreciate your respect of the appointment time and of the teacher's commitment.
- Please contact the instructor directly. Contacting the church office should only be used as a last resort, since messages cannot always be relayed effectively to an instructor.
- Under these outlined circumstance (with proper prior notice), the teacher will make up one lesson per student per semester.
End of Semester Recitals
It is important for students to hear other students play or sing. There is also great value in performing in public. Therefore, each student will be encouraged to attend and play or sing in the spring semester recital and should plan to remain for the entire program. Adult students are encouraged but not required to perform in recitals. Students are not required to memorize music for the recital.
Please contact Susan Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.