ASP Mission Trip
Youth who have completed 8th grade and are age 14 by June 2017
June 18 - 14, 2017
Approx. $325 per person ($50 deposit required by Nov. 1. Youth fundraising will help offset costs.)
Ready to get your hands dirty, make lifelong memories, and give the hope of Christ to families in need? Our youth summer mission trip with ASP is back!
ASP (Appalachia Service Project) is a Christian ministry dedicated to erasing poverty in Central Appalachia. ASP's goal is to make homes warmer, safer and drier for needy families.
ASP is more than a building program though, it's a relationship ministry. Our youth will spend time interacting with the family they've been assigned to serve. They'll forge friendships that will impact them for the rest of their lives, they may pick up some construction skills, and they'll learn lessons in Christian service that will enrich their faith. For many, this experience is the first step towards a lifelong vocation of caring for others.
How will we serve this year?
Many low income families in Tennessee are living in homes that are cold, leaky or unsafe. We'll help make vital home repairs and show God's love through positive, caring interactions with these families in need.
- Departure, Return, Location & Accommodations - TBA. Our accommodations might be rustic, so be prepared with bug spray, flashlights, flip flops — and a positive, adventurous spirit!
- Chaperones - We need adult chaperones for each work team, especially women! Parents and other Woodhaven members are eligible. Please contact Zac Campbell if you're interested.
- Transportation - We will drive vans to accommodate teams of seven people, including the driver.
- Cost - $325 per person; includes food and lodging. An additional small fee may be needed for snacks and gas for vehicles. Payment schedule:
- $50 deposit is due by Nov. 1, 2016. (Make checks payable to Woodhaven Baptist Church. Note "2017 ASP Mission Trip" in the memo line. This deposit is non-refundable and secures your spot.)
- $175 is due in early 2017, but this fee and remaining fees may be covered by our fundraising efforts. We do not want any youth to miss the trip because of financial hardship. Please contact Zac Campbell if you need to discuss financial assistance for the trip.
Don't miss Woody's Diner: Decades on Saturday, May 6!
See all the details at right...
Please contact Zac Campbell.