Following Jesus on a Journey of Faith
Jesus calls us to follow him on a journey of faith. We invite you to join us on that journey.
Choose today to follow Jesus Christ.
- We believe God is real and that Jesus reveals God in the fullness of God’s love. We believe that he reveals to us the purpose of our existence. Following Christ on a journey of faith is about a journey of real love, hope, peace and joy. (Matt. 4:18-20; Col. 1:15-21; 1 John 4:7-11; John 15:1-8; Acts 17:24-28)
- Following Christ on a journey of faith means accepting the free gift of being born again into eternal and abundant life, becoming a new creation and thereby stopping our downward spiral into emptiness and death. (John 3:16; John 10:10; 2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 6:23)
- Following Christ on a journey of faith means following one who showed us what love is by refusing to use power that was rightfully his to lash out at his enemies and instead voluntarily paid the price of death showing the world God’s commitment to grace and peace. (Matt. 26:50-54; Matt. 27:50; John 14:27; John 1:14; 2 Cor. 8:9; Eph. 1:7; 2 Tim. 1:8-10; Eph. 2:13-15; Eph. 2:16-18; 1 John 3:16)
- Following Christ on a journey of faith means becoming part of a community of fellow travelers who reveal Christ’s love through serving those in need and that is willing to sacrifice everything for one another and for everyone else. (Matt. 16:18; Acts 2:42-47; Acts 3:32-35; Eph. 3:10-11; 1 John 3:16-18; Gal. 6:9-10)
- Following Christ on a journey of faith means following one who was raised from the dead allowing his followers to confidently anticipate their own resurrection to come and one day living forever in the new heavens and the new earth where the old order of things will have passed away and God will wipe every tear from our eyes and death, mourning, crying and pain will be no more. (Luke 24; 1 Cor. 15; Rev. 21:1-3)
- Until we experience the new heavens and the new earth, Jesus promised to be with us always as his Spirit indwells his followers on their journey of faith. (Matt. 28:18-20; John 14:15-20; Acts 2:1-21)